The University of Missouri Data Science and Analytics program received the Outstanding Credit Program Award from the University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA) during the Central Region Conference in St. Louis.
The Data Science and Analytics Masters Program was conceptualized by Dr. Sean P. Goggins and Dr. Chi-Ren Shyu in the spring of 2013, following Dr. Goggins work on a similar program at Drexel University and Dr. Shyu’s long standing work in data scientific oriented endeavors, including founding the MU Informatics Institute over a decade ago.
Through support from the Mizzou Advantage fund, Grant Scott joined our leadership team in 2015. Later in 2015, core DSA Faculty from across campus signed on to the effort, including:
- Yi Shang firstname.lastname@example.org : Computer Science, Course Coordinator
- Dong Xu email@example.com : Computer Science
- Joshi, Trupti firstname.lastname@example.org : Computer Science
- Tenaja, Harsh email@example.com : Journalism
- Thorson, Esther L. firstname.lastname@example.org : Strategic Communications, Course Coordinator
- David Herzog email@example.com : Journalism, Course Coordinator
- Uhlmann, Jeffrey firstname.lastname@example.org : Computer Science
- Gibson, Twyla G. email@example.com : School of Information Science and Learning
- Sanda Erdelez firstname.lastname@example.org : School of Information Science and Learning
- Shyu, Chi-Ren email@example.com : Director, MU Informatics Institute
- Joi Moore firstname.lastname@example.org : School of Information Science and Learning
- Technologies, Course Coordinator
- Ersoy, Ilker email@example.com : Biotechnology, Course Coordinator